I’d like to offer some advice to Donald Trump. This offer comes from someone who in November talked about following him into a raging inferno then in January questioned whether supporting him was worth the fight.
How does one go from being such a rabid fan to sitting on the fence in such a short period of time? Messaging. As I mentioned in my January piece, Trump’s embrace of the grifters running the GOP suggests that he might be taking his eye off the ball. As such, I’d like to offer three bits of unsolicited advice to the former and hopefully future president.
First, stop focusing on the stolen 2020 election and focus on America today. Not that 2020 wasn’t important, it was. But it’s 2023 and we’re 20 months away from the next election. There simply isn’t time to fix 2020, and any energy spent trying to do is that much less energy going into saving the country in 2024. Given the trajectory of the country, if we’re not victorious in 2024 there will likely be no more America as we know it by 2028.
Second, to stop taking credit for the vaccine. The more Americans know about it the less they like it, and many of us hated it from day one. While putting the development in motion was understandable at the time, the fact is that it was used as a cudgel to coerce the American people into submission, and may have terrible long term consequences to come. It’s an issue best let go as his supporters hate it and his enemies wouldn’t give him credit for it regardless.Here are seven.
1) Immigration: Promise to build a wall. Guarantee that the first thing he will do in office is begin the process of building a wall from Brownsville to San Diego. No nation can be a nation if it doesn’t have a border and the invasion on our southern border is far more of a threat to Americans than anything going on in Ukraine. We’ve seen the virtual elimination of our border since Joe Biden was installed as president and watched as over 5 million illegal immigrants walked in virtually unimpeded. At the same time we’ve seen 100,000 deaths a year from Fentanyl overdoses and are forced to watch as cartels bring their violence to American streets and mimic Mexico by bringing their infrastructure here and having comrades take powerful positions in government. He should promise that if Democrats and activist judges throw roadblocks along the way again, he will use the military to patrol the border where no wall exists until the wall is actually complete.
2) Wokeness in government: He should promise to eliminate every element of the racist Critical Race Theory in government along with the DEI “diversity, equity and inclusion” treachery. He should tell America the government will stop operating programs based on race and will stop setting various groups of Americans against one another in the name of “equity” and victimhood. The police power of government will no longer be used to favor any group over another or to use demographic data to achieve “diversity” objectives. He should promise that every single element of the federal government will be agnostic as it relates to immutable characteristics.
3) Energy independence: Promise to return the United States to energy independence. He will stop the demonization of fossil fuels in and by our government. We will stop having the nation’s economic well being taken for granted and sacrificed at the altar of the “climate change” hoax. He will stop wasting American tax dollars pursuing the fiction of green energy as the destruction of the environment associated with the mining and production of materials used in car batteries, solar panels and wind turbines is far greater than that associated with the production of natural gas and oil.
4) Return to gender normalcy: Eliminate every element of the federal government that blurs the lines between men and women. While there may indeed be a tiny number of Americans who actually suffer from “gender dysphoria” the reality is, men are men and women are women. This has been a fact throughout all of human history and remains so today for 99.995% of human beings. Our government should no more base public policy on the desires of .005% of the population who genuinely suffer from gender dysphoria than they should base it on the slightly less frequent existence of Siamese twins. And he should promise to pass a federal law outlawing “gender affirming poison and operations” for children under the age of 18.
5) School Choice: Work to give every parent in America school choice. School is often the primary place where children learn about the history of the nation as well as the 3Rs. Increasingly our schools are not only not teaching students to read, write and do arithmetic, but they are becoming indoctrination camps for anti-American, anti-science, racist poison that is undermining the foundations of American liberty, opportunity and prosperity. Although most education is administered at the state level, the Department of Education plays a significant role and he should promise to harness DOE’s resources to encourage every state to give parents control over their children’s education.
6) Crime: Use every Constitutional resource available to reverse the Democrat’s war on police and the American people in the name of “equity”. Democrat soft on crime policies have put citizens’ lives at risk, and cost the lives of thousands of people across the country since the fiction of Michael Brown’s “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” in 2014 and the riots in response to the death of Saint George Floyd in 2020. Gone will be the days when the justice system is more interested in the rights of criminals at the expense of the rights, the safety and lives of victims. If Democrats were really interested in helping POC and poor Americans they’d call for greater police presences and longer prison sentences for criminals. But they don’t. Trump should make it clear he does. He wants to protect night clerks, subway riders, kids walking to school and every other law abiding American as they simply go through their daily lives. Victims’ lives matter. Certainly more than those of criminals who prey upon the innocent and the weak.
7) Overhaul of the security apparatus: Trump should promise to return the American security agencies to their original mandates, i.e. protecting the lives, property and rights of the American people and their country. Promise to clean house of the leadership in the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA and the NSA so that the American people can once again have confidence that their government is there to protect them, not act as the enforcement arm of a political party and persecute them for exercising Constitutional rights. In addition, he should promise passage of legislation that makes explicit a prohibition of government agencies working with social media firms to infringe on 1st Amendment rights guaranteed in the Constitution.
The entire point of this suggestion is for Trump to make it crystal clear that his sole focus is the saving of the American Republic, securing for all Americans the ability to exercise their God given rights and the ability to go through their daily lives without fear that the borg of government or the thugs empowered by it will destroy all that they live for.
If Trump can convince voters his focus is on their future and not his past, the White House is his for the taking.
Post a Comment